Saturday, May 7, 2011

Singapore Elections Hmmm

Was it an emotional vote? Or a practical one?

That's the only question that's running in my mind.... How do people vote?

Watching my facebook for the past 2 to 3 weeks was truly.. How should I put this.. "Enjoyable."
As people of the same nation not sharing the same perspective on politics.
There were flames here and there, arguments.

I was surprise.. Truly..
Well... at first I thought it was more of a Netizens vs Citizens... well both are citizens...just the way of viewing medias differently...But I was truly wrong...

Good news is with the net and all... This is the first time I've seen people expressing themselves...

Truly a fantastic view of expressions.. From the "Why that happen?" to the "What will happen?" And not forgetting... "Who made it happen?"

Back to my question... Emotional vote? Or a practical one?

To be honest....... I don't see any "practical" Reasons among the arguments...
Every single word 'played' was targeted emotionally... Well you might disagree... I won't disagree with you.. But this is just my perspective...

Now to me.. This is really... really amazing...  Kinda shows.. AT THE VERY LEAST... We still care...
Doesn't matter not giving seats on the MRT or buses... Or rushing in queue... not opening doors, and whatever....

Seeing citizens (netizens included) getting all emotional over this election.. WOW...

As the saying goes... hmmm..... (well I can't actually quote... cause its quite vague...)
"In times of trouble, we bond"

We may have different opinions... But all share that one thought, that one emotion... All for the better of the nation..

Now... hmm I'm kinda expecting the replies... "well to each of its own... We all are just selfish being that only care for ourselves... It isn't about being one nation.."

Glass half full, Glass half empty....

Towards the end... I'm guessing... no matter what bond it is... Couple size, family size, organization size.. or nation size...
A spark here and there once a while... is healthy... =)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment